Wednesday 3 March 2010

Disability and Mental Health AGM

Hey everyone

Just to let you know and please let any of your friend as or constituents know that we are holding the Disability and Mental Health Students Association on the 25th March between 16:30 and 18:00 in the underground the Guild of Student's this is an assessable venue and if you have any concerns please contact me !!

I am hoping that we will be a successful event and that we will finally be able to have events that cater for the needs of Disabled Students, as well as relevant campaigns, discussions, ensure better accessibility to societies etc.

So please do not hesitate to contact me dso@guild.bham.ac.uk

Also another quick note- I attended Disabled students Conference over the past few days and it was an unforgettable experience. I learnt loads and hopefully will be able to represent you more effectively. I also was able to network with other students and hopefully we can work together with Further education colleges and other University's to ensure a stronger campaign on issues that affect Disabled Students. I was also elected onto the NUS Disabled Students Committee as Women's Officer.

If you would like any more information on the conference please contact me.

Claire xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh bugger I missed this. Oh well been rather busy, gotta combat the evil that calls itself "Autism speaks" who are forty years behind the times and seeking to exterminate us as a public health hazard :(

    Truly the creatures that time forgot, it is as if David Hevey's media deconstruction never existed for us.

    ReplyDelete